Saturday, April 12, 2008

Before Summer

A poem that I fear may have been stolen, so I'm posting it first to reserve published rights in case it gets plagiarized. Presenting "Before Summer"

She’s beautiful as dew-breathed spring
Fresh, resurrected flowers sing
Around her sun-browned crown, which sounds
And drowns all else I think
Within the drinking in of her aroma, those
Lips I breathe in tastes of
Comatose with all the weight of
Burdens I can’t find a trace of
Grown to waste love so I bloom alone. A toast!
A toast proposed to those who chose
To take the leap, to love her deep
With a plucked rose, promised to keep
The flower fresh, comp’ny kept the best, and two at rest
Him solely pleased, as we believe, with her alone
Second to none, his only one, the lover
To be the end-in done-all, with no other
And stay content in life all spent desire dangling above her
Beauty sinks in the wrinkle’s depth, ferments to wisdom before death
The wisest man’s a happy fool who anything but her forgets

No comments: